- Thank Pultec for decades of amazing recordings
- A time-proven solution for your mix's crucial midrange
- Precise stepped controls for accurate recall
Thank Pultec for decades of amazing recordings
Magical tools revered for their capability to improve the sound of audio simply by passing signal through them, Pultec equalizers, such as the MEQM-5, are the stuff of legend. You've heard them on countless hits. Rare vintage units cost a pretty penny - if you can find one in good working order. So naturally, there have been many hardware and software "re-creations" over the years. Well, now you can grace your recordings with the sweet sound of the MEQM-5: a genuine made-in-America Pultec EQ.
A time-proven solution for your mix's crucial midrange
Long story short, a detailed, vibrant, rich midrange is what separates world-class mixes from the rest. It's where most of the sonic excitement of your mix lives, and the MEQM-5 gives you two bands of boost and one attenuation band to shape it just right. The sound is amazing, and with a little experimentation, you'll be enhancing vocal intelligibility and beefing up guitars with incredibly musical results.
Precise stepped controls for accurate recall
When you're mastering with outboard gear, it's crucial to be able to accurately recall settings. The MEQM-5 mastering equalizer sports 21-position stepped switches for its boost/attenuation controls. The tapers have been engineered to give you a maximum of 10dB of boost/cut, with .5dB step increments. So when you need to recall exact settings, the MEQM-5 makes it easy and precise.
- 1-channel, 3-band midrange equalizer built exactly like the original, legendary Pultec units
- Combines the vintage character of original Pultecs with the reliability of modern design
- Incredibly low noise floor for a pure sound
- 21-position stepped switches make setting recall easy
- Fantastic EQ for guitars, vocals, woodwinds, and other midrange-rich material
- Separate boost and cut bands provide surprising creative potential