World-class monitoring, with a modest footprint. Barefoot Sound MicroMain35 Gen2 inherits the same technological DNA as the larger MM12 and MM27 Gen2 models, but presents it in an ultra compact 3-way design. The net result is the renowned Barefoot Sound in a package that's perfect for smaller control rooms and project studios. The MM35 Gen2 retains the same basic form factor and dual 7" integral force-canceling subwoofers as the previous incarnation, giving you linear performance with an extended frequency response. Yet, the MicroMain35 Gen2 manages to offer improved resolution and transparency, thanks to new ultra-high-quality converters, a 1" ring radiator tweeter, 5.25" extended-range neodymium motor mid-bass drivers, Hypex amplification, AES digital inputs, a 1dB stepped attenuator, and advanced DSP integration. If your space demands that you make every square inch count, with its smart design philosophy and proven track record, the MM35 Gen2 may well be the only monitor you ever need.
- The next generation of Barefoot's premium compact monitor
- New speaker emulation technology offers 4-in-1 referencing
- Integrated dual 7" subs help clean up the upper bass
New speaker emulation technology for easy referencing
In addition to its improved characteristics on the sonic front, the MM35 Gen2 harnesses DSP power to deliver the voicing and responses of classic studio nearfield monitors. You can use the convenient four-position wired remote to quickly switch through different voices, allowing you to preview your mix on different types of speakers, without having the clutter of multiple speaker systems. The four settings are "Old School," "Cube," "Hi-Fi," and "Flat." The "Old School" setting captures the essence of the ubiquitous NS10M, rolling off the sub-bass and top-end information, and bringing forward mid-range presence. The "Cube" setting is a nod to the "aura" of the classic full-range micro monitors of yesteryear, a valuable setting in the age of laptops, tablets, and earbuds. "Hi-Fi" sweetens the high end and warms mid-range to behave much like consumer hi-fi systems, the perfect setting for quick artist playback or when listening to favorites in the studio. Last, as you might expect, "Flat" is the prized default setting, offering the true, revealing Barefoot Sound. Each of the DSP models is spot on, allowing you to go beyond neutrality when you need to, without the hassles of printing a mix or causing unwanted reflections through a series of desktop monitors.
Integrated dual 7" subwoofer design supports clean upper bass and mids
Part of the magic that makes the MM35 Gen2 work so well is that, like its predecessor, it offers integrated dual 7" subwoofers. With the 7" subs positioned on either side, the MM35 Gen2 takes advantage of force-canceling, so the monitor stays in place no matter how hard you push it and avoids that kick-back effect, resulting in an honest picture of your mix, even at roaring levels. What's more, because the MM35 incorporates subs, it lets the midrange do what it's meant to do, dramatically cleaning up how you hear the upper bass and mids.
MicroMain35 Gen2 features:
- 3-way active studio monitor with integral subwoofers
- Four-setting DSP voice emulation
- Analog and AES3 digital inputs
- Hypex amplification
- Tweeter - 1" ring radiator with Advanced neodymium motor
- Rear waveguide chamber. Amplifier: 180W Hypex
- Midbass 1 - 5.25" poly/paper cone with Advanced neodymium motor , with +/- 5 mm linear excursion. Amplifier: 180W Hypex
- Subwoofers - 2 x 7" aluminum cone with high linearity motor, with +/- 9.5 mm linear excursion. Amplifier: 250W Hypex
- Crossover Frequencies: 100 / 3000 Hz
- Cabinet Dimensions: 14.25" x 9.5" x 15.5"
- Overall Dimensions: 14.25" x 10.0" x. 17.4"